Sunday, May 1, 2011

I survived!

I survived my double marathon weekend!

Quick summary:

Yesterday, the Country Music Marathon was sunny and hot, but I felt great the whole way and felt that I ran the perfect race for the first of two marathons in one weekend. My time was 3:37:48. 7+ minutes under my goal for the race (really 22+ minutes because the high was over 80 degrees, but oh well).

Today the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon was cold, windy and rainy. I did some very stupid things at the beginning of the race that I paid for later, but I finished the last 3 miles very strong. My time was 3:49:35. 4+ minutes over my goal for the race, but I'll take it in those weather conditions.

Congrats to running buddies Jeff, Carlos and Daniel for very good performances today in OKC. Congrats also to everyone back in Austin, especially the girlfriend, who ran a hot and humid Bun Run!

No comments:

Post a Comment