I'm officially registered for the Austin Distance Challenge, which is a series of 5 races through the fall and winter in Austin:
- IBM Uptown Classic 10K - October 2, 2011
- Run for the Water 10 Miler - October 30, 2011
- ARC Decker Challenge Half Marathon - December 11, 2011
- 3M Half Marathon - January 29, 2012
- Livestrong Austin Marathon & Half Marathon - February 19, 2012
I haven't run a race shorter than a half marathon for a few years, so the 10K and 10 Miler should be interesting. I'm also going to make the series a little more difficult by opting for the Double Decker and Austin full marathons instead of the halves. That means I have booked lifetime marathons 28 and 29, and only need one more by April to get 30 before I turn 30. I posted a list of choices a while ago here, and at the moment I'm leaning toward Rock 'n' Roll USA for number 30. D.C. would be a fun trip and a fun way to hopefully celebrate reaching my goal.
Now, what are the chances that I'll find a few extra marathons to pace or register for before April actually gets here?